- Click the button below to download the software you need to start exploring (called the viewer).
- Install the viewer (click on the file that was downloaded and follow the instructions, selecting ‘Install’ on the first screen).
- Once installed the viewer should start automatically.
- If it does not run automatically a shortcut will be on your desktop labelled ‘apollo’.
- When the software loads, enter ‘firstname lastname‘ as your username and enter the password you chose in the boxes at the bottom of the screen. If you do not have these details go here to create them.
- Click ‘Login’ to connect.
- The first time you do this on windows it will ask you about ‘SL Voice’, this is not a requirement. Press ‘allow access’ if you want voice communication.
- Start exploring!
- The arrow keys will move you around.
- Clicking and dragging on the back of the head of your avatar (the person in the centre of the screen) will look around.
- Page up and Page down will fly up and down.
If you would like to connect using your own viewer the details for the Apollo grid are
Grid URL: http://apollo.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk:8002/
HyperGrid URI: apollo.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk:8002:central hub